Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A new year,
a year too late

Some photos from New Years day, 2011. I honestly can't believe it has been a year since we were in the sunshine at this swimming hole. The time in between was apparently eclipsed by long nights in front of a computer , erratic sleeping patterns and a drinking habit. Here I sit infront of the first year in my known memory that I haven't been a student of one form or another. No tests to study for, no papers to review, no data to process, no chapters to finish writing. I wish this new found freedom was every bit as joyful and exhilarating as I had always imagined it would be. I wish I could forget all my failings and step into this new year unencumbered. Instead, I console myself with the knowledge I did my best, and the promise to stop living for other peoples expectations, and to finally demand my own.

Hope you like the photos.









No comments:

Post a Comment